Adjectives: crazy, crunchy, filling
2 cups quick oats
1 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
1/2 cup crushed walnuts
1/2 cup coarsely chopped hazelnuts
1/2 cup seed mixture (sesame, pumpkin, sunflower, etc)
1/3 cup hemp hearts
1/2 cup Craisins
1 cup natural almond butter
3/4 cup agave nectar
3 tbsp melted margarine
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, mix together oats, coconut flakes, nuts, seeds and dried fruit (in this case, Craisins).
- Mix together almond butter, agave nectar, margarine, and vanilla in a small bowl, then microwave on high for 1 minute.
- Combine the wet and dry ingredients.
- Line a brownie pan with parchment paper. Pour in batter and apply pressure to flatten the granola bars (aim for an inch thickness from the bottom of the pan).
- Bake for 15 minutes, rotating pan at the half-way point.
- Let cool, refrigerate, cut into approx. 12 bars, and enjoy.
- You may also wish to just turn the mix into granola, in which case, you can simply let cool and crumble.