Inspiration: My mom, who invented this power-house of a snack
Adjectives: soft, melt-in-your-mouth, savoury, rich, super-food laden
Good companions: green tea
Warnings: may leave black sesame remnants in between teeth!
2 cups black sesame, grounded (I use a small coffee bean grinder)
1 cup almond meal (I used the coffee bean grinder once again)
1/2 cup flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
3 extremely ripe bananas, mashed
1/3 cup agave nectar
3 egg replacers (I use the flax seed + warm water method, but be warned that flax has a strong flavour no matter how little you use)
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1 tbsp vanilla extract
- Sift/mix the dry ingredients thoroughly.
- Mix the wet ingredients in whichever order you choose.
- Gradually mix the dry ingredients into the wet, but making sure not to overmix (I mixed in the dry ingredients in thirds).
- Line muffin tines with approximately 12-16 paper cups. Pour a heaping spoonful of the batter into each paper cup.
- Bake the muffins at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for around 15-18 minutes. Fill your empty muffins cups with a bit of water, to prevent ruining the muffin pan.